You are here: Foswiki>GEO_SIF Web>SifMeetings>SifMeeting-2013-05-31 (31 May 2013, DavidArctur)EditAttach

SIF Meeting, 31-May-2013

Convened: 13:30 - 15:00 UTC

Attending: Steve Browdy (SB), David Arctur (DA), Espen Volden (EV, Geosec), Joan Maso (JM), William Sonntag (WS)

Recording: DA

Agenda and Discussion

  • Mime Types for the SIR and CSR changes (see May 17 SIF meeting notes)
    • at least finish identifying formats and streaming protocols in time for IIB WPS ( SB to email SIF core team)
    • "mime types for services" need further discussion with DNebert/CSR team (see SIF notes from May 17)
  • Review of SIF session in GEOSS Future Products Workshop Report draft
    • regarding SIF's part of the workshop ( SB to email SIF core team the draft report)
  • Review SIF update to IIB
  • 2013 interoperability topics to consider (results in whitepapers)
    • Broker “knowledge” of resource metadata
    • Issue with known resource counts, including GEOSS Data-CORE
    • Registration issues and alternatives (linked data, unique identifiers, resource casting)
    • Find standards and SAs for quality metadata
    • OWS Context Standard in GEOSS; BPW/Tutorials (see May 17 SIF meeting notes)
      • JM to adapt OWS-9 report on OWS Context
    • Review current standards and special arrangements (identify existing gaps, promote new or revised standards)
  • SIF Operating Procedures review (see Feb 8 SIF meeting notes)
    • ToR submitted to IIB Work Plan Symposium; will be discussed there
    • Want to make sure we have enough detail in stated objectives during the year, and that we do those things.
  • SIF Request for Assistance:
  • Any other business
    • UNEP Live update: demo proposal to Ministerial Showcase in consideration; can demo at Esri exhibit booth

Next meeting date: 14 June 2013

-- DavidArctur - 31 May 2013
Topic revision: r2 - 31 May 2013, DavidArctur

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback