You are here: Foswiki>GEO_SIF Web>SifMeetings>SifMeeting-2012-12-14 (21 Feb 2013, DavidArctur)EditAttach

SIF Meeting, 14-Dec-2012

Attending:Steve Browdy (SB), David Arctur (DA), Siri Jodha Khalsa (SJ), Paul Eglitis (PE), Tomoko (Geosec)


Agenda and discussion

SIR changes for mime types to support data access
  • new mime types in SIR for CSR testing; but CSR mods not complete, hoping they'll be done by early January
  • - Steve will send email with instructions
UNEP-Live update
  • waiting to hear from Mick Wilson
AIP-5 Tutorials
  • CFP will go out by January
GEOSS Interoperability Workshop - early 2013

SJ: how is the GEOSS access broker engaged in the GEOSS search process?
SB: GEO WebPortal and discovery broker are still having issues, preventing access broker from getting to work. Will bring this up with Doug today, and at next GCI Providers telecon in mid-January
  • Virtual vs. physical meeting: prefer supporting both
  • Possibly in conjunction with IN-05 GEOSS Architecture Workshop
  • hosted at NOAA, DC area in late March
  • SJ, DA: looking at other architectural approaches than GCI seems smart, and this would be good focus for SIF
  • Possible interoperability topics
  • Eye on Earth GNON - linked open data pros & cons
  • EarthCube perspective
  • World Water Online (D. Maidment) - DA to check on
  • GCMD perspective (L. Olsen) - DA to check on
  • Interoperability metrics, but not GCI focused
  • guest presentations
Suggested 2013 actions and goals
  • Formal web presence for the benefit of the GEOSS community
  • Outreach to user communities; audience discovery & access metrics, needs-assessment, who to reach & how
  • Periodic newsletter
  • Further interoperability assessment
  • Volunteers
  • Microsoft Research, possible funding sources?
Any other business - none
Next Meeting: 2013-01-11, 14:30 UTC

-- DavidArctur - 21 Feb 2013
Topic revision: r1 - 21 Feb 2013, DavidArctur

This site is powered by FoswikiCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding Foswiki? Send feedback